Thanks to everyone that came out and made this event a great success!
Join us at our annual Rockfest, a day of service and fun, this year at Coopers Rock State Forest!
On Saturday we’ll be doing various trail and clean up work in Coopers Rock. We’re still working out the details due to the never ending snow, but the service projects will include painting, trail work, and sign placement.
The Fun Stuff:
Like our Adopt a Crags, our goal is to help take care of the climbing areas we love. However Rockfest is also about fun, a way of saying thank you to all our awesome volunteers and their commitment to our crags. In addition to the usual projects, there will be videos, clinics, yoga, a fun group atmosphere and free food and drink.
Camping and activities will take place at Sand Springs. While we are providing food and drink, it’s up to you to pay for camping. There are no large group sites, so we’ll be grouping everyone together with other volunteers (don’t worry, you’ll be able to camp with your friends), so you can expect approximately $5 a person per night. When you register for the event, there will be an option to reserve your spot for one or two nights of camping. We will collect payment when you arrive.
You can find directions on how to get to Coopers Rock State Forest below, but please note that check-in and project assignment will take place at Sand Springs. We’ll probably need to carpool, so we’re going to take care of as much of the details as possible at the campground.
- Arrive at Sand Springs Campground April 25, Friday night (not required, but recommended)
- 8:30am – Breakfast
- 9am – Check-in, project sign-up
- 9:30am – Into and safety talk, work
- 1pm – Lunch provided by Pies and Pints!
- 2-5pm – Wrap up work
- (relax, climb a bit while there’s still sun)
- 7:30pm – Dinner provided by the American Alpine Club and beer provided by Mountain State Brewing.
- Gear raffle
- Films and videos
- 8:30am – Breakfast provided by Solid Rock Climbers for Christ
- 10:30am – Clinics
- After the event, volunteers are invited to enjoy the great hiking and climbing the park has to offer
Thank you to all our sponsors who make Rockfest and everything else we do possible.