Old Rag is a unique gem in our area; the only crag in our area with high quality granite! Join us as we help take care of this unique area and, if interested, stick around and camp with other Saturday night to climb Sunday morning. Please register below.
- Check-in: 8:30am
- Project work: 9am-2pm
- Backcountry camping overnight
Where To Meet/How To Get There:
We’ll be meeting at the Weakley Hollow parking lot. Carpooling is strongly recommended. Please note that this is not an event that’s easy to arrive to late and plan your arrival accordingly.
What To Bring:
- Sturdy hiking shoes (Old Rag is very rocky)
- Working gloves (if you have them)
- Clothes you don’t mind getting dirty in (including long pants)
- 2 liters of water
- Food for the day
- If planning on staying overnight, all the necessary gear to do so (additional food and water, tent, climbing gear, etc)
What We’ll be Doing:
The primary focus of this project will be trail work; maintenance and possibly some new trail work (pending compliance). For those interested, we will be backcountry camping in the park to climb the following (Sun)day. You do not need to have climbed Old Rag (and therefore know the climbing areas) before, as there will those of us who have. You do, however need to know how to climb. Please note that this is not a guided trip and you are responsible for your own safety. This applies both to the overnight camping as well as the climbing.
E-mail us at email@example.com.